.....on friendship


OK ... wore the dress ...loved the dress. I had a lot of fun this weekend with my girls we were missing a few people but there is nothing more fun then just sitting back with old friends dishing....and we did a lot of dishing. After having a few drinks we probably told a few more secrets then we intended. lol. But it doesn't really matter because it was US and we are the type of friends that can share things without being afraid of it coming back to bite us. There is nothing like GOOD girlfriends, and I am blessed to have some of the best. I haven't always had good friends but I am so happy that I now have them.
I didn't have a really good friend until I was about ten maybe eleven years old. We stayed friends for about three years and then kinda just lost contact, with all the changes different schools new friends, we just grew apart. Somewhere in the middle of that friendship I became friends with this other girl, Ericka who went to the same school as I did. I don't know what pushed us together...well I guess we were both kinda on the outside. We were both quite and we both talked to everyone and yet wasn't friends with anyone. We sorta just clicked. We were really close in fact she was my first best friend. About a year after our friendship started we met a guy. dum de dum dum ...dummm. :) I'm still not sure to this day if we would have remained friends even if it wasn't for Q. We were friends from seventh grade until tenth grade, and I say tenth very lightly. As time went by the very thing that had pushed us together was a big part of us growing apart. I pretty much have always been me, and what I mean by that is that I have always been kind of a loner, I like my space. And although I used to long to be liked I never was willing to do some of the things it sometimes took to be liked. So I was still that quit girl standing on the outside talkin to everyone but not really friends with anyone. This changed for Ericka. High school put her in the center of everything and well I was still just ...me. and happy that way.
Q ended up being her boyfriend for about two years (eighth and ninth grade) and he and I ended up as best friends. By the middle of tenth grade the friendship Ericka and I had once shared was over. Once again different schools, and new friends kinda just helped the split in our friendship...not to mention Q. At that point I was still lacking female friends and this just made Q and I grow closer. A year and a half later my best friend became my boyfriend... as you can guess there was no going back to a friendship with Ericka at that point. lol. For the record that is not something that I would ever do again I don't know we could blame youth or we can just look at it as something that... happened. Whatever it was Q ended up being my first love and my first heartbreak, but that's another story.
In the eleventh grade I met my current bestie and I am so very blessed that I did. Candace have been there for me though so many hard times in my life that I really don't know how I made it to sixteen without her. We have lost loved ones, been sick, cried until we laughed, and laughed until we cried. She is so what my life needed. Even if she do get on my first and last nerve sometimes , but hey isn't that what sisters do(which she has become).I loved college. There I met some of the best people ever and I am so happy to call those people friends. It wasn't easy for me at first being away from home and not knowing anyone in a new place but it didn't take long for that place to become a home for me. After all I truly believe that it's people that make a place a home and I met young ladies that I now consider my family. There was Isadora who was kind and yet didn't play any games and there was Tee (Tawanna)who I think is one of the nicest people that I have ever met. My second year Candace joined me and then together we met crazy but lovable Naica and Tee's sister (Tamara) Tampoo who is just like my own little sister. A semester later we added Deborah to our small group, a friend of Candaces' since birth and someone we both went to high school with. Not long after that Candace and I met Jasmine (Jazzie Jaye) who we also became clos with.I love my friends and consider them all apart of my family. We cry together (mostly me Candace and Tam) we fight (mostly me and Naica) and we laugh. They are my girls.
Although Candace and I have been friends the longest it was Tee and Dora who first taught me how to be a good friend I don't know what I would have done that first semester without them, no car hours from home and to be real very little money. They saved me from returning home that first year. They instently made me one of them without even really knowing me. I hope that I have done for someone else what they did for me that first year.Thank you so much Girls..




1st pic, Dora, 2nd, Tam & Tee, last, Naica, Deborah, Candace, Jazz