Gabourey Sidibe "Precious"

Am I the only one sick of the 'Precious' jokes? Am I the only one who wants to start 'going off' when someone makes a joke about her. "She's fat...ugly...black." The crazy thing is that some of the people who are saying theses things happen to be over weight black women. Is this only crazy to me?
I am sick of it, I really am. The jokes about her have never been funny to me regardless of how many people have said them and how popular or famous said people were. I quite frankly bloggers think it has become ridiculous. I want to scream to the world "How Dare You?!!" How dare you open your mouth to criticize and talk about someone who is doing more with her life, seeing more, then most will ever do or see. How dare you have the audacity to insult someone this much who you know nothing about other then what she looks like? Who are you to say these things? This has really just set me off and put me in a bad place bloggers. I honestly do not think that the young lady is that unattractive, fat..yes.. dark skinned yes. But to use the words 'Fat' and 'Black' to insult someone is just crazy to me. Guess what bloggers I am fat and black ... Now what world?
I just can't believe the ignorance of people. For what ever reason people seem to fail to realize that there is much more then just their idea of beauty.
There are many beautiful people in the world but guess what? They, in most cases had nothing to do with the way they look. With the exception of make-up it's genes. That right people your genetics decides how you will look. The next time you decide to insult someone insult the things that they had some effect on, ...like their intelligence maybe?... education?
Earlier today while watching the Big C on Showtime a family member of mine made some uncalled for comments directed towards Gabourey Sidibe. At the time I got a little upset but the reason for this blog came when I read a comment that was written as a status on a facebook group page that I have joined:

REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES -I COME FROM A TIME WHEN IT WASN'T POPULAR TO BE A BBW LET ALONE A SUPERSIZE WOMAN,IT TOOK ALMOST AN ENTERNITY FOR THE WORLD TO SEE THAT BEAUTY COMES IN ALL COLORS,SHAPES AND SIZES. I GIVE THANKS AND STILL WAIT FOR THE DAY HOLLYWOOD MAKES ROOM FOR A SUPERSIZE HEROINE,WE ARE NOT ALL "PRECIOUS" OR GILBERT GRAPES MOTHER~LYNX GARCIA

This comment is the reason for this blog.. Are you really serious? Before anyone else can start to accept us the acceptance has to start at home in our own communities.  I read this status and was feeling good about it until the Precious comment. 'We are not all Precious' No we are not. Too many black, white, brown, fat skinny women are not nearly as confident as Gabourey Sidibe. Not many of us would have went to an movie audition hoping to get the part in a big movie. In fact there are women all around the world who have stopped life because of insecurities.

Gabourey Sidibe I for one applaud you. You are beautiful, confident, intelligent and successful. I hope to reach your heights one day soon.






“I used to get hurt so badly. Any bit of criticism, I would cry. But at some point I just realized, I count more than anyone else, or anybody’s opinion, because I’m living my life — I’m captain of this ship, without a first mate. And I really, really like who I am. I really, really dig me.” Gabourey Sidibe